Mason County Washington - Government Information
Mason Couty Home Mason County Employment Mason County Forms and Brochures Mason County Phone  Numbers and Addresses Mason County Campus Map
Mason County Code & Regulations Mason County Community Links Mason County Tourism Mason County Site Search Mason County Advisory Boards Ask questions
Utilities and Waste Home
Solid Waste Home

Waste Reduction tips

Recycling Information

Garbage Disposal information

Household Hazardous Waste information

Solid Waste Planning

Education Programs

Mason Co Landfill Closure Plan
Utilities Home

Stop Illegal Dumping

If you see it,
Report it
(360) 427-9670
ext. 584


Contact Us:
Office (360) 427-9670 ext. 207
Mon - Fri

Solid Waste Facility
(360) 427-9670 Ext. 271

The Solid Waste Program is part of the Utilities and Waste Management Division of Mason County's Public Works Department.

Mason County Solid Waste Home
The Solid Waste Program is your resource for waste prevention, recycling, garbage and hazardous waste questions. On this page you will find links to more detailed information about programs and services in Mason County.
Click here for information on the Eells Hill Transfer Station and Union, Belfair or Hoodsport Drop Off Facilities. To see a county map with facility locations click here.
Click here for information on curbside residential or business collection through Mason County Garbage Company. Or call them at (360) 426-8729
Click here for information on curbside residential or business collection in the City of Shelton. Or call (360) 426-4491

News and Links
For more information click on any of the links below:
Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC)
click here for household hazardous waste
click here for garbage disposal
click here for


Did you know? The burning of trash has been illegal since 1967. In fact, it's illegal to burn anything in burn barrels anywhere in Washington State (WAC 173-425-050(5)).

You can be fined up to $1,500! Any evidence of burned garbage is enough proof to be fined.

To report burning or file a complaint, call (360) 427-9670, ext. 584