In response to Covid-19 Mason County Public Works office in person services are by appointment only.

To schedule an appointment with the Public Works Department:
Public Work, please call 360-427-9670, ext. 450
Utilities & Waste Management 360-427-9670, ext. 207

Staffing levels are limited, however phones will be answered during normal business hours.
(Monday - Thursday 7:30am to 4:30pm and Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm)

The County website has a Questions or Comments page that you can leave Public Works an email, at the bottom of the page under “Quick Links” click “Email Us

If you need to visit one of the Solid Waste Transfer Facilities:

  • We have suspended recycling and out-of-county waste at all locations until further notice.
  • Hours of operation are normal at each station; however, we ask customers to please use your best judgement and wait to come to our facilities until it is absolutely necessary.

Visit the Utilities & Waste Solid Waste webpage to see hours of operation for each station.

If you need to make a utility payment:

  • Checks can be mailed or placed in the drop- box located at 100 W Public Works Drive (bldg. 1)
    *Please be sure to have your account or street address on check
  • Pay Online
  • Call office during business hours at (360) 427-9670, ext. 207

Thank you for your continued support.

  • News Release: 2019 Solid Waste Rate Increases
  • Mason County now gladly accepts credit card payments for Utilities and Solid Waste bills. The following convenience fees will apply to all payments made in person or over the phone:
    • $2.00 for amounts under $ 80.
    • 2.5% of the amount being paid for all amounts greater than $ 80


Mason County Utilities and Waste Management is a Division of the Mason County Public Works Department. It is responsible for managing water, waste water and solid waste facilities in the unincorporated areas of Mason County.

This includes operations of the Rustlewood and Beards Cove water systems and the Rustlewood, North Bay/Case Inlet, and Belfair water reclamation/sewer collection and treatment facilities.

The Division also manages solid waste, recycling and household hazardous waste collection at the Union, Hoodsport and Belfair Drop Box stations and at the Eells Hill Transfer Station near Shelton.

Click on the links to the left for information on programs and services.

Click below for current program news.


Whats new in water and waste water
Whats new in solid waste


Deputy Director - Richard Dickinson
Utilities & Waste Management
(360) 427-9670 ext. 652