Mason County Utilities and Waste Management
- News Release - Free Christmas Tree Recycling- starting December 26th to January 12th
- News Release: 2018 Solid Waste Rate Increases
- The Union Drop Box Station will be closed Sunday, December 24th
- Mason County now gladly accepts credit card payments for Utilities and Solid Waste bills. The following convenience fees will apply to all payments made in person or over the phone:
- $2.00 for amounts under $ 80.
- 2.5% of the amount being paid for all amounts greater than $ 80
Mason County Utilities and Waste Management is a Division of the Mason County Public Works Department. It is responsible for managing water, waste water and solid waste facilities in the unincorporated areas of Mason County.
This includes operations of the Rustlewood and Beards Cove water systems and the Rustlewood, North Bay/Case Inlet, and Belfair water reclamation/sewer collection and treatment facilities.
The Division also manages solid waste, recycling and household hazardous waste collection at the Union, Hoodsport and Belfair Drop Box stations and at the Eells Hill Transfer Station near Shelton.
Click on the links to the left for information on programs and services.
Click below for current program news.
- For a detailed list of our disposal fees and charges at Eels Hill Transfer Station click here
- For a detailed list of our disposal fees and charges for our rural drop box stations click here
Deputy Director - Bart Stepp
Utilities & Waste Management
(360) 427-9670 ext. 652