Garbage Disposal Information
The County operates 4 sites for refuse disposal and recycling drop off.
Residents can take their household garbage and recyclables to any of the 4 sites. Locations, hours of operation and fees and charges are listed below. For a map of the locations click here.
Please note: We are closed on certain Holidays. Also, we will make every effort to be open, however, temporary closures may be necessary during inclement weather or power outages. Signs will be posted at the gates.
Eells Hill Transfer Station
501 W. Eells Hill Road
Open Monday thru Saturday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Last Customer Accepted at 4:45 PM Through the Gate
Services available: refuse disposal, refrigerated appliance disposal, recycling, clean yard, trimmings recycling, scrap metal recycling, used motor oil and antifreeze drop off
Household Hazardous wastes are accepted, at no charge, on Fridays and Saturdays between 10:00am and 3:00pm. Click here for information on what is accepted and how to prepare your material.
Belfair Drop Box
1611 NE Sandhill Road, Belfair
Open Tuesday thru Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Union Drop Box
1391 E. Mcreavy Road, Union
Open Sunday and Monday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Hoodsport Drop Box
260 N Hoodsport Park Road, Hoodsport
Open Friday and Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
All three drop box sites offer the following services:
- Refuse disposal, recycling drop off, used motor oil and antifreeze drop off
- Union and Hoodsport do not accept refrigerated appliance disposal
- Belfair, Hoodsport and Union do not accept construction debris
- Belfair accepts scrap metal for a fee
- Commercial waste loads are not accepted at the three drop box facilities
- Commercial loads can be taken to the Eells Hill Transfer Station
For a detailed list of our disposal fees and charges at Eels Hill Transfer Station click here
For a detailed list of our disposal fees and charges for our rural drop box stations click here
Recycling Drop off is available at all 4 of our sites.
- Clean, dry, corrugated cardboard
- Clean, dry mixed papers including paper
- Clean, dry newspaper, magazines and
- Phone books
- Rinsed glass bottles and jars without lids
- Rinsed plastic jugs and bottles without lids
- Rinsed aluminum cans
- Rinsed tin cans
For curbside service anywhere in Mason County including the City of Shelton call Mason County Garbage at (360) 426-8729 or toll free at 877-722-0223.