- A written permit is not required for residential burning.
- Maximum pile size is four (4) feet in diameter.
- A minimum 10-foot firebreak must be constructed around each pile with a 20-foot vertical clearance from overhanging branches.
- Only one fire at a time per parcel.
- Burn pile must be at least 25 feet from any structure or combustible material. Materials to be burned shall not be moved from one site to another. All material must originate from the property on which the burning is to occur.
- The fire must not create a nuisance from smoke, obscure visibility on public roads and highways, or endanger life and property.
- No residential fire is to be commenced before dawn and no material is to be added after dusk.
- A person and equipment capable of extinguishing the fire must be in constant attendance at the site while burning.