Services and Information Available from the Clerk's Office
The Clerk's staff does not know the answer to all questions about court rules, procedures and practices. They have been instructed not to answer questions if they do not know the correct answer.
Mason County documents are not available or visible 'on-line' nor on the web-site. The Index of Mason County Public cases are available on the Internet site: http://www.courts.wa.gov The case number can be used to identify the case for information which is filed in the Clerk's Office. The Clerk’s Office replies to requests for information via telephone & U.S. mail. No e-mail nor fax requests are accepted.
Court staff can provide:
- The status of a specific case, unless the case (or information in the case) is “confidential” (not available for public inspection because of state law or a judge’s decision).
- The court file on a specific case, (unless the case is “confidential,”) for you to review.
- Printed general information on court rules, procedures and practices.
- Court-approved forms (forms are not available for all legal proceedings.)
- Court schedules and information on how to get matters scheduled.
- The Superior Court Facilitator can help clients with filing of paperwork on Domestic and Custody cases.
- Copies of documents upon written request.
Payment for services must be paid in advance. No personal checks. Please see the Fee Schedule.
1. Court staff cannot provide:
- Advice about whether you should file a case or whether you should take any particular action in a case.
- Information or tell you what words to put in a form.
- Speculation about what decision the judge might make or what sentence the judge might impose.
- Comment about specific persons you may name in a petition or pleading.
- Change an order signed by a judge.
- Let you talk to a judge outside of court
- Fax filings are not accepted
Court staff provides information, not legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney. If you do not have an attorney, you may wish to call the Lawyer Referral Program of the Thurston County Bar, at 360-923-4844, for the name of an attorney practicing in this area.