Mason County Washington - Government Information
Mason Couty Home Mason County Employment Mason County Forms and Brochures Mason County Phone  Numbers and Addresses Mason County Campus Map
Mason County Code & Regulations Mason County Community Links Mason County Tourism Mason County Site Search Mason County Advisory Boards Ask questions
Office Hours:
Office Hours 8:30 - 4:30 M-F

Assessor Home

Online Parcel Info
Washington State Property
Valuation Requirement
What is Market Value?
What Types of Properties are Assessed?
How is the Value of Real Property Determined?
Property Tax Limitations
What if I Disagree with My Property's Assessed Value?
How Often Does Mason County Appraise Property?
Who Determines the Amount of a Property Tax Bill?
Public Participation
Destroyed Property
Agricultural / Timber Designation
Current Use Program
Senior Citizen / Disability / Exemption
Exemption for Physical Improvements to a Single Family Dwelling
Tips for Appellants
Property Transfers

Real or Personal Property Transfers
  • I want to sell my mobile home. What am I required to do?
    If you are going to move the mobile home, you must obtain a permit from our office. You will be required to pay the full yearís property taxes at that point, which will be certified on the documents you obtain with the moving decal. If the mobile home is moving out of Mason County to another Washington State county or if the mobile home is going into a dealerís inventory, the next yearís taxes will be collected in advance.
    You will be required to complete a Mobile Home Excise Tax Affidavit to document the sale and pay excise tax on the sale price.. The full yearís taxes must be paid and is documented on the Excise Tax Affidavit by our Office. You then go to the Licensing Division of the County Auditorís office to change the ownership on the title.
  • I want to sell my real or personal property. Are there special requirements?
    For all such transfers of property, a Real Estate Excise Tax or a Mobile Home Excise Tax Affidavit is required to be completed and filed with the County Treasurer; as well, the documents must be recorded with the Recording and/or Licensing Division of the County Auditorís Office.
    Payment of real estate excise tax must be made at the time the REET is filed with the County Treasurer--1.78% of the sale price.
    If there are advance taxes due in the case of personal property and mobile homes, it must be paid at this time also.
  • How long do I have to process my property transfer and pay excise tax?
    Thirty (30) days from the date of sale to avoid interest and penalty on the excise taxes due.
  • I am gifting my property. Is there anything else I need to do?
    There is a Real Estate Supplemental form that must be signed by both parties, and it must accompany the completion of a Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit. Those documents are filed with the County Treasurerís Office and are subject to a fee if there are no taxes due. Please refer to the Treasurers Office for the current fee amount.