Mason County Public Health
Mason County Public Health hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Due to our small sized lobby, we are limiting service to one party at a time. Visitors are asked to wait outside until staff are ready to assist. Please avoid close contact and respect social distancing. Use of masks are required per state orders.
Most questions and inquiries can be made by phone and email, and staff is readily available. Please be patient with us as our office responds to the COVID-19 Pandemic. For up to date information on COVID-19 please visit the Mason County COVID-19 webpage, or follow the Mason County All Hazard News facebook page.
Environmental Health permits are being reviewed according to state provided guidance. Permits may be submitted by mail or some permits are available through online permitting.
For any other questions or inquiries please call 360-427-9670 extension 400.
Each year, the North Mason Regional Fire Authority and our public safety partners celebrate safety with North Mason School District students at Sand Hill and Belfair Elementary Schools in a two-day Safety Days event. In years past, the Team has delivered a variety of safety education by rotating students through multiple individual safety stations.
This year students will learn to be safe in a whole new way, as we provide a socially-distanced virtual platform for our Safety Days. The Fire Authority has created an educational series consisting of five virtual safety videos that will be shared on our Facebook page, as well as on the School District’s website at the link below:
2020 videos were developed by the North Mason Fire Department, North Mason Substance Abuse Prevention Education Partners and the Youth Prevention Groups at Hawkins Jr High, and North Mason High School: https://www.nmsd.wednet.edu/1/Content/interact
What's New in Public Health?
- Novel Coronavirus - The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic and its progression in Washington State continues to threaten the health of our people and our medical infrastructure. Mason County Public Health and multiple county agencies remain actively working in an Area Command structure preparing, monitoring and responding to COVID-19 in Mason County.
- Bat Exposure
- Measles Information
- Measles Update
- Educators worry students don’t know vaping health risks
- Proper Syringe Pick Up and disposal
- Access mold information on the Washington State Department of Health indoor air quality phone line at 360.236.3090
- A closer look at the opiate epidemic in Mason County
- Home generated hypodermic needles and syringes may be disposed of in regular household garbage provided that they are contained in firm plastic container like a two (2) liter plastic pop bottle that is sealed with duct tape. Do not over fill. The container must be labeled “SHARPS, DO NOT RECYCLE”
Mason County Shellfish Advisories
- Before harvesting or consuming local, recreationally-harvested shellfish, always check the status of shellfish harvesting first. Learn more about shellfish safety and advisories.
Mason County Public Health and Human Services
415 N. 6th Street, Shelton, WA 98584 | 360-427-9670 ext. 400