Solid Waste Advisory Committee
The Solid Waste Advisory Committee is accepting applications for multiple vacancies at this time.
The committee develops and makes program recommendations on waste reduction, recycling, garbage handling and disposal, household hazardous waste, illegal dumping and special waste streams to the County Commissioners. If you have a personal or professional interest in waste management, you can help develop comprehensive plans for our community.
Advisory Board Application, or call Utilities and Waste for more details. (360) 427-9670 ext. 652
To see when the next meeting is, view the meeting schedule
In-depth review and recommendations on solid waste practices for residents and businesses in Mason County including:
- Waste reduction goals and programs
- Waste stream diversion programs such as yard waste, construction debris and food waste
- Recycling programs
- Garbage disposal options and systems
- Household Hazardous Waste programs
- Illegal dumping
- Special waste stream handling such as biosolids and medical wastes
- Rate structures and funding for all solid waste programs.
Members serve three year terms, and are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. Members are comprised of citizens, businesses, tribes, and could also include elected officials.