Welcome to Mason County Superior Court
July 30, 2020 - Update from Superior Court regarding COVID-19 Response Activities. Mason County Superior Court is committed to protecting the safety and security of our community while performing our Constitutional duties. The Court is open but has modified operations.
Most hearings continue to be held electronically through Zoom conferencing or other Court approved platform, unless otherwise ordered by the Court. If an in-person appearance is ordered by the Court, the In-Person Courtroom Appearance Protocols: English - Spanish shall be followed.
All criminal hearings will be held in person unless approved by the court. Defendant and counsel shall be present in the courtroom at the time set forth on the weekly schedule below based upon the defendant’s last name.
Mason County Superior Court
Zoom Court Hearings Information and Guidelines - English
Zoom Court Hearings Information and Guidelines - Spanish
Weekly Zoom Court Docket Schedule
ALL ZOOM COURT HEARINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
(see link above for more information on how to access)
Ex parte. Afternoon ex parte dockets resume August 3, 2020, via Zoom. Dockets will be held Monday-Thursday at 3:30 p.m. and Friday at 3:00 p.m. All paperwork (petition, motion, proposed order, etc.) must be provided to the Clerk’s Office at least one hour prior. See link under Court Calendars for more information.
Civil Trials. At this time, civil trials can be stipulated to proceed remotely via Zoom. See an example of a Pretrial Order and Stipulation for Remote to review the criteria and guidelines.
Jury Trials. Please see the Jury Trial Covid-19 Process for additional information
- New Superior Court Rules - in effect September 1, 2020
- LCR 40 - Assignment of Cases
- LSCCAR - Civil Arbitration
- LSPR 94.04 - Family Law, Probate, Guardianship and Adoption Cases
- LSPR 95.01 Torrens Act Petitions
- COVID-19 Response - Washington State Supreme Court Orders
- 06/23/2020 - Jury Trials Resuming in Mason County Superior Court, Mason County District Court and Shelton Municipal Court Next Month (July 2020)
- Letter to Potential Jurors
- August 5th, 2020 - COVID-19 Adult Criminal Matters Administrative Order
- June 9th, 2020 - Administrative Order re Mitigation
- April 16th, 2020 - COVID-19 Administrative Order
- March 20th, 2020 - COVID-19 Civil and Domestic Administrative Order
- March 20th, 2020 - COVID-19 Juvenile Administrative Order
- March 20th, 2020 - COVID-19 Dependency Matters Administrative Order
Mason County Superior Court is a trial court of general jurisdiction having original and appellate jurisdiction as authorized by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Washington.
Superior Court judges and court commissioners hear felony and other criminal matters, civil matters, domestic relations matters, guardianship and probate matters, juvenile matters as well as child dependency cases, and appeals from lower courts (Mason County District Court and Shelton Municipal Court), and appeals from state administrative agencies.
To serve the public by administering justice and resolving disputes under the law, thereby protecting the rights and liberties guaranteed by the constitutions and laws of the State of Washington and the United States.
- Contacting a Superior Court Judge or Court Commissioner
- Myths and Misperceptions About the Washington Courts
Mason County Superior Court (Court Administration)
419 N 4th Street
P.O. Box X
Shelton, WA 98584
(360) 427-9670 extension 348
Clerk of Court:
419 N 4th St
PO BOX 340
Shelton WA 98584
(360) 427-9670 extension 346