Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
Pursuant to Proclamation by the Governor 20-28.15, in-person attendance to Commission meetings is temporarily restricted.
Our Commission meetings are live streamed at http://masonwebtv.com/ and we will accept public comment via email – firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to Commissioners Office, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584; or call 360-427-9670 ext. 419. If you need to listen to the Commission meeting via your telephone, please provide your telephone number to the Commissioners’ office no later than 4 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- April - June 2021 Commission Meeting Schedule
- Board of Mason County Commissioners Zoom Meeting Instructions
- Board of County Commissioners Public Comments/Testimony Via Zoom
- Week of June 14th, 2021 - Briefing Meeting Agenda
- Week of June 14th, 2021 - Briefing Meeting Agenda Packet
- No Regular Meetings Scheduled
Join the Board of County Commissioners Briefing Zoom Meeting
Please check the agendas for meeting days and times.
- 06/10/2021 - 2021 Tax Title Sale - 2021 Notice of Sale - 2021 Terms of Sale
- 05/25/2021 - Notice of Hearing - SAID HEARING will be to present updates to County Code, Chapter 12.08, Highway Approaches.
DRAFT - Chapter 12.08 Highway Approaches
- 05/25/2021 - News Release - ONE DAY CLOSURE: The Eells Hill Transfer Station is scheduled to be closed Monday, June 7, 2021. Mason County Public Works is advising citizens of Mason County that the Eells Hill
Transfer Station is scheduled to be closed Monday, June 7, 2021. The closure will allow
the County contractor to install a new outbound scale that is an essential piece of
equipment to the County's operation of this facility.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this closure. Residents may consider using the Union Drop Box, located at 1391 E McReavy Road that is open from 8:00am to 4:30pm on Monday as an alternative disposal and recycling drop off.
- 05/25/2021 - News Release - Mason County Historic Preservation Commission - The Mason County Commissioners are seeking an applicant to fill three open and soon to be opening positions on the Mason County Historic Preservation Commission.
- 05/14/2021 - News Release - Forest Service to Implement Alcohol Ban along Lake Cushman Corridor (FS-24) - With support from the National Park Service, Mason County, Tacoma Power, Washington State Patrol, the Skokomish Tribe, and other local partners the Olympic National Forest will be implementing a revised forest order that adds an alcohol ban to the existing prohibitions on camping, fires, and overnight parking along the Lake Cushman Corridor (FS-24). The ban takes place May 21, 2021 and will be in place for the next two years and can be evaluated for possible extension after that time.
- 05/11/2021 - News Release - Allyn County Owned/Maintained Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing - The Mason County Public Works U&W Management Division will be conducting sanitary sewer smoke
testing beginning in early June. Crews will open and enter into the manholes located in streets and public
utility easements to pump smoke into the sanitary sewer system to locate breaks,defects and reveal
sources of where storm and other surface water enters the system.The information gained from this
testing will be used to improve your sewer services and may eventually reduce utility costs to customers.
A special non-toxic smoke,manufacture for this purpose,will be used for the testing. The smoke has a distinctive,but not unpleasant,odor.Visibility and odor last only a few minutes,where there is adequate ventilation and doesn't leave residuals,stains or effect plants or animal life.
Because the plumbing appliances in your house or building are connected to the sanitary sewer system,some smoke may enter your home or place of business.
- 05/07/2021 - New - In accordance with RCW 84.36.385, and WAC 458-16A-150, a reduction in taxes per the Senior Citizen/People with Disabilities program may not continue unless the recipient submits a renewal application upon the Assessor’s request.
Renewal applications for Areas 1 and 4 were mailed out May 7, 2021. Completed renewal applications must be returned by July 1, 2021.
We understand that due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, acquiring and returning the appropriate documentation may be challenging. Renewal applications can be submitted by email, mail, fax, drive-thru drop box or in person. For questions, please call 360-427-9670 ext. 567 or email at email@example.com.
- 03/22/2021 - News Release - 2021 Property Tax Due Date Extension For Real Property Primarily Used for Business Purposes ESHB 1332
- 04/29/2021 - New - Belfair Urban Growth Area's DRAFT Planned Action Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is available for review. Comments due by 5:00 p.m. June 1, 2021.
- 03/22/2021 - New - Onsite Sewage Advisory Committee Vacancy - Mason County is seeking one “watershed” representative to serve on the Mason County Onsite Sewage Advisory Committee.
- 03/15/2021 - New - WRIA 14 Watershed Restoration and Enhancement
- 03/02/2021 - New - Mason County Board of Health - The Mason County Commissioners are seeking applicants to fill open positions on the Mason County Board of Health.
- 02/22/2021 - New - Planning Advisory Commission Vacancy - Mason County is seeking applications for the Mason County Planning Advisory Commission.There are two open seats represented as Commissioner District 3 and an at-large position,for which applications will be considered from all three Mason County Commissioner Districts.
- 02/17/2021 - News Release - County Road Herbicide Program Notice - Mason County Department of Public Works will begin the spring application of herbicides for vegetation control along county roads on or after Monday, March 1, 2021, weather permitting.
- 01/13/2021 - New - Noxious Weed Control Board Member Positions Available! - Learn more and apply now!
- 01/05/2021 - New - Various Advisory Board Positions are available visit Advisory Committees - Current Openings for more information
- 11/06/2020 - New - Mason County is developing a Planned Action EIS for the Belfair UGA. Visit the Belfair EIS page to find out more.
- 04/04/2020 - New - Special COVID-19 Economic Response & Recovery Updates
- Campus Map
- Codes and Regulations
- Community Links
- Contacts / Directory
- Emergency Alerts
- Email Us
- Forms / Brochures