Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
- Week of July 16th, 2018 - Briefing Meeting Agenda
- Week of July 16th, 2018 - Briefing Meeting Agenda Packet
- July 17th, 2018 - Regular Meeting
- July 17th, 2018 - Regular Meeting Packet
- Meeting Minutes
- View the Mason County Commission meetings
- 07/11/2018 - News Release - Mason County and City of Shelton Recycling Press Release - Due to new environmental policies, China banned the import of many recyclable materials on January 1, 2018, and lowered the contamination rate for recyclables not covered by the ban to 0. 5%. Most of the recycling materials from the West Coast have been sold to China for many years. The new policies have reduced the amount of recycling materials sold to China and resulted in commodity prices dropping to a negative value. Material recovery facilities have scrambled to find new markets to accept the recycle materials and have instituted new machinery and procedures to clean recycle materials to a low contamination percentage.
- 07/11/2018 - News Release - Eells Hill Transfer Station 1/2- Day Closure - Mason County Public Works is advising citizens of Mason County that the Eells Hill Transfer Station is scheduled to be closed Monday, July 16, 2018 from 8: 00am to 12: 00pm. This is another closure for the Eells Hill Transfer Station Improvement Project.
- 07/10/2018 - New - Citizens Needed - Housing & Behavioral Health Advisory Board
- 07/03/2018 - New - Mason County Burn Ban - Mason County Community Services, the Mason County Marshal, in partnership with the Mason County Fire Chiefs' Association, has determined that current weather conditions within Mason County have created substantial fire dangers and that there is a need to enact RESTRICTIONS on outdoor burning to all lands regulated by Mason County. These BURN RESTRICTIONS apply to Land Clearing Fires and Residential Debris Fires. Recreational Fires, in designed concrete, stone, or metal pits like those commonly found in campgrounds are still permitted as well as the use of charcoal briquettes, gas and propane barbeques.
- 06/27/2018 - New - SEPA Determination of Non-Significance - Grump Ventures LLC - This SEPA is associated with Class IV General FPA as well as a Department of Natural Resources Reclamation permit and Department of Ecology Sand and Gravel Permit.
- 06/27/2018 - New - Bat Exposure - Anyone who encounters a bat should be evaluated by a medical professional for risk of rabies.
- 06/25/2018 - News Release - County Road Chip Seal And Restriping In The Months Of July And August - Mason County Public Works would like to notify motorists that our annual restriping and resurfacing or "chip seal" of county roadways will be in progress during the months of July and August (weather permitting). 2018 Chip Seal List, 2018 Road Striping List and Chipseal and Road Striping Map
- 06/20/2018 - News Release - Mason County Heritage Grant Cycle - The Mason County Commissioners and the Mason County Historic Preservation Commission are pleased to announce that applications are being accepted for the Summer 2018 Mason County Heritage Grant cycle.
- 05/16/2018 - News Release - Mason County Housing and Behavioral Health Advisory Board - In a continuous effort to improve the health and quality of life of Mason County residents, the Mason County Board of Commissioners has adopted a resolution forming a Mason County Housing and Behavioral Health Advisory Board.
- 05/2/2018 - News Release - Advertising for Mason County Solid Waste Advisory Committee Member - Mason County is advertising for citizen volunteers to serve on the Mason County Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAG).
- 04/10/2018 - New - Presentation slides from the April 9, 2018 Commissioners' Briefing on Bio Recycling's North Ranch Site:
- North Ranch - Bio Recycling Presentation
- Pacific Ground Water Group Presentation
- Washington State Department of Ecology Presentation
- 03/30/2018 - New - Information on Bio Recycling Inc.'s North Ranch site on Webb Hill Road
- 03/27/2018 - New - Public Benefit Rating System - Frequently Asked Questions