Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
Pursuant to Proclamation by the Governor 20-28.15, in-person attendance to Commission meetings is temporarily restricted.
Our Commission meetings are live streamed at http://masonwebtv.com/ and we will accept public comment via email – email@example.com; or mail to Commissioners Office, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584; or call 360-427-9670 ext. 419. If you need to listen to the Commission meeting via your telephone, please provide your telephone number to the Commissioners’ office no later than 4 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- February - April 2021 Commission Meeting Schedule
- Board of Mason County Commissioners Zoom Meeting Instructions
- Board of County Commissioners Public Comments/Testimony Via Zoom
- No Briefings Scheduled
- March 2nd, 2021 - Regular Meeting Agenda
- March 2nd, 2021 - Regular Meeting Packet
Join the Board of County Commissioners Regular Zoom Meeting
Please check the agendas for meeting days and times.
- Meeting Minutes
- View the Mason County Commission meetings
- 02/22/2021 - New Request for Proposals - Online Property Sales -
The Mason County Treasurer seeks to obtain proposals for the service of providing internet advertising and auctions services of tax foreclosed properties, distrained mobile homes, county held Tax Title properties. The legal nature of these processes demand precision and accuracy of the process and delivery of payment.
Responses to this RFP are due to the Mason County Treasurer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 5th, 2021.
- 02/22/2021 - New - Onsite Sewage Advisory Committee Vacancy - Mason County is seeking one watershed representative to serve on the Mason County Onsite Sewage Advisory Committee.
- 02/17/2021 - News Release - County Road Herbicide Program Notice - Mason County Department of Public Works will begin the spring application of herbicides for vegetation control along county roads on or after Monday, March 1, 2021, weather permitting.
- 02/17/2021 - News Release - Mason County Board of Equalization Membership - The Board of Mason County Commissioners is seeking applicants to fill an alternate position on the Mason County Board of Equalization. The three-year term ends on May 31. 2022. Applicants must reside in Mason County.
- 02/17/2021 - News Release - Housing And Behavioral Health Advisory Board Upates - On January 27, 2021, the Housing and Behavioral Health Advisory Board met to finalize their annual report to the Board of County Commissioners for funding priorities in 2021. The Housing and Behavioral Health Advisory Board began in August of 2018, with the purpose of strategically aligning housing, homelessness, mental health, and chemical dependency grant awards to improve the health of Mason County residents.
- 02/16/2021 - New Request for Proposals - Veteran Services -
Mason County is requesting proposals from qualified firms (see Article 8, Section 7, of the Washington State Constitution) to provide services to the poor or infirm with a strong preference towards veterans in Mason County. It is anticipated that one or two contracts will be awarded. Total amount awarded for the Professional Services contract(s) is not to exceed $5,000 and funded with General Fund dollars. This is for services commencing April 19, 2021.
Proposals must be received by 4:00 p.m. on March 17, 2021 to be considered.
- 01/14/2021 - Sewage Spill In North Bay -
Today, Mason County Public Health was notified of a sewage overflow in Allyn near 18281 E State Route 3. A mechanical pump failure resulted in overflow of an estimated 1,000 gallons of raw sewage that flowed into North Bay. Mason County Utilities staff has stopped the overflow.
An advisory is being placed from the mouth of Sherwood Creek to the Allyn waterfront park (Port of Allyn). People and pets should avoid all contact with the water in this location for 7 days (01/21/2021). A shellfish harvesting closure from Washington State Dept. of Health is in effect until 02/04/2021. Signs are being posted at the Allyn waterfront park.
For more information, contact Mason County Public Health at (360) 427-9670, ext. 400.
- 01/13/2021 - New - Noxious Weed Control Board Member Positions Available! - Learn more and apply now!
- 01/05/2021 - New - Various Advisory Board Positions are available visit Advisory Committees - Current Openings for more information
- 12/15/2020 - News Release - Skokomish Valley Road County Road Project - Mason County Public Works is advising motorist that county crews will begin a maintenance project on Skokomish Valley Road, between Vance and Swift Creek the week of December 14, 2020. The project is a temporary improvement, intended to reduce the number of road closures due to flooding.
- 11/12/2020 - New - Formal 21 - Day Scoping Notice: Mason County State Environmental Policy Act Determination of Significance and Request for Comments on Scope of Environmental Impact Statement Belfair Urban Growth Area Planned Action.
- 11/06/2020 - New - Mason County is developing a Planned Action EIS for the Belfair UGA. Visit the Belfair EIS page to find out more.
- 08/27/2020 - News Release - Temporary Closures of MCRA Park for Irrigation System Replacement - Mason County will be temporarily closing the MCRA Park, located at 2100 E. Johns Prairie Road, Shelton starting August 25, 2020 until January 01, 2021 in order to replace the in-ground irrigation system on the 7ball diamond's outfields and re-seed the fields. Due to there being open trenches, large equipment and electrical work being performed in MCRA Park, we are asking that your refrain from using the park during this project.
- 04/04/2020 - New - Special COVID-19 Economic Response & Recovery Updates
- 03/17/2020 - News Release - Modification of Mason County Services to Limit Citizen Exposure and Implement Social Distancing