Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
Pursuant to Proclamation by the Governor 20-28.7, in-person attendance to Commission meetings is temporarily restricted.
Our Commission meetings are live streamed at http://masonwebtv.com/ and we will accept public comment via email – firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to Commissioners Office, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584; or call 360-427-9670 ext. 419. If you need to listen to the Commission meeting via your telephone, please provide your telephone number to the Commissioners’ office no later than 4 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- July - September 2020 Commission Meeting Schedule
- October - December 2020 Commission Meeting Schedule
- Board of Mason County Commissioners Zoom Meeting Instructions
- Board of County Commissioners Public Comments/Testimony Via Zoom
- Join the Board of County Commissioners Zoom Meeting
This link is always visible, please check the agendas for meeting days and times.
- Week of September 28th, 2020 - Briefing Meeting Agenda
- Week of September 28th, 2020 - Briefing Meeting Agenda Packet
- No Regular Meetings Scheduled
- Meeting Minutes
- View the Mason County Commission meetings
- 09/22/2020 - New - The annual Assessor’s Notice of Value will be mailed to Mason County taxpayers on September 23, 2020. In accordance with RCW 84.40.045 & WAC 458-12-360, the Assessor is required to notify taxpayers of any change in the true and fair value of their property. For more information, please visit the Assessor's home page
- 09/21/2020 - News Release - UPDATED Mason County Burn Restrictions - EFFECTIVE 00:01 AM - Tuesday - September 22nd, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE The Mason County Community Development Director, as acting Fire Marshal, and in partnership with the Mason County Fire Chiefs' Association, has determined that current weather conditions within Mason County have created substantial fire dangers and that there is a need to enact restriction on outdoor burning to all lands regulated by Mason County. This burn restriction applies to OUTDOOR BURNING, including land clearing and yard debris . Recently received moisture allows a relaxation regarding recreational fires. This restriction allows recreational fires in conforming fire pits . The use of charcoal briquettes, gas and propane barbeques will continue to be allowed under the restrictions.
- 09/16/2020 - News Release - Air Quality Health Effects in Mason County - Mason County Public Health is recommending all residents stay indoors and take precautions to protect their health due to unhealthy air quality conditions from wildfire smoke. The Washington Air Quality Advisory (WAQA) levels in Mason County have reached ranges considered "Very Unhealthy for Everyone" to "Hazardous for Everyone". People with heart or lung disease, or those who have had a stroke, should consult their healthcare provider to determine the best course of action to protect their health during times of hazardous air quality.
- 08/27/2020 - News Release - Temporary Closures of MCRA Park for Irrigation System Replacement - Mason County will be temporarily closing the MCRA Park, located at 2100 E. Johns Prairie Road, Shelton starting August 25, 2020 until January 01, 2021 in order to replace the in-ground irrigation system on the 7ball diamond's outfields and re-seed the fields. Due to there being open trenches, large equipment and electrical work being performed in MCRA Park, we are asking that your refrain from using the park during this project.
- 08/27/2020 - New - Updates to County Code Chapter 10.34 Unmuffled Compression Brakes
- 08/27/2020 - New - Updates to County Code Chapter 12.20 Vacation of Roads
- 06/30/2020 - New - Onsite Sewage Advisory Committee Vacancy - Mason County is seeking one watershed representative to serve on the Mason County Onsite Sewage Advisory Committee.
- 06/25/2020 - New - Various Advisory Board Positions are available visit Advisory Committees - Current Openings for more information
- 06/19/2020 - New - Effective June 22nd, 2020 - Mason County will be at Phase 3 of the safe start plan.
- 04/04/2020 - New - Special COVID-19 Economic Response & Recovery Updates
- 03/19/2020 - New - Mason County Community Services (public Health) is not accepting water samples at this time due to Thurston Co. lab canceling courier services through April 3rd. Public water systems performing routine sampling can contact Thurston Co. lab directly at 360-867-2631 to coordinate delivery and analysis.
- 03/17/2020 - News Release - Modification of Mason County Services to Limit Citizen Exposure and Implement Social Distancing