To allow employees time to enjoy the holiday season, the Mason County Board of County Commissioners has authorized the following 2014 Holiday Schedule:
The Board of County Commissioners meeting on December 23, 2014 will be
at 9:00 AM rather than 6:00 PM.

All County Offices have been authorized to closed at 3:00 PM on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 and December 31, 2014 - The switchboard will also close at 3:00 PM on those dates with a revised message directing people to the court offices. Offices that are mandated by Washington State Law (Courts) will remain open until 4:30 PM on those days.

All County Offices will be open for business during regular hours on
Friday, December 26, 2014 and January 2, 2015.  
2014 Tax Foreclosure Sale date is January 9th, 2015  
Mason County Washington - Government Information
Mason Couty Home Mason County Employment Mason County Forms and Brochures Mason County Phone  Numbers and Addresses Mason County Campus Map
Mason County Code & Regulations Mason County Community Links Mason County Tourism Mason County Site Search Mason County Advisory Boards Ask questions

Office hours
8:00 - 4:30


Public Works Home

Chip Seal
Road Striping
Active Construction Projects
Road Closures / Restrictions

Road Restrictions Fact Sheet

Belfair Urban Improvement Project

2015-2020 6-year TIP Program
2015 Annual Construction Program

2014-2019 6-year TIP Program
2014 Annual Construction Program

Snow Plow and Ice Control Resolution and Map Information
2014 Chip Seal
2014 Road Striping

2012 Construction Projects
2011 Construction Projects
2010 Construction Projects

Access Permits
Cable& Utility Information
Call Before You Dig
County Road Speed Limits
HMA Preservation Overlay Fact Sheet
Heribicide Spray Program
Intergovernmental Agreements
New Location
Oversize and Overweight Permits
Report Problems
Road Maintenance ESA Guidelines
Salmon Issues
Snow Plow and Ice Control
Storm Water Management Standards
Small Works and Vendor Roster & Consultant Services
Utility Permit Notification
What is Road Vacation?
What is a Road Improvement District (RID)?

2013 HMA Overlays
Where is this project?

Six separate sections of roadway will be improved throughout Mason County.

  • Highland Rd – MP 2.00 to 4.65
  • Shelton-Matlock Rd – MP 11.45 to 13.45
  • Shelton Springs Rd – MP 0.00 to 0.86
  • McReavy Rd – MP 0.99 to 2.56
  • Trails Rd – MP 1.44 to 3.34
  • Old Belfair Hwy – MP 2.25 to 3.90


What is the purpose of this project?
Overlaying the road with Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA), extends the life of the roadway, reduces maintenance costs, and provides a smooth ride for the traveling public.  This project includes paving, striping, and shoulder finishing.
What is the project timeline?

Work is expected to begin mid-August and end late September.  Please continue to check this website for traffic impact updates.

How can I get more information?
Please contact Mason County Public Works with any comments or questions at (360) 427-9670 Ext. 450.