Mason County Public Health
In response to COVID-19, Mason County Public Health front office remains closed to general traffic. All staff are working in the office or teleworking and remain available by phone and email. Appointments are available by calling 360-427-9670, ext. 400. Please be patient with us as our office responds to the COVID-19 Pandemic. For up to date information on COVID-19 please visit the Mason County COVID-19 webpage, or follow the Mason County All Hazard News facebook page.
Environmental Health permits are being reviewed according to state provided guidance. Environmental Health permits may be submitted by mail or through an appointment. There are also several permits available for online submittal.
For any other questions or inquiries please call 360-427-9670 extension 400.
What's New in Public Health?
- Novel Coronavirus - The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic and its progression in Washington State continues to threaten the health of our people and our medical infrastructure. Mason County Public Health and multiple county agencies remain actively working in an Area Command structure preparing, monitoring and responding to COVID-19 in Mason County.
- Bat Exposure
- Measles Information
- Measles Update
- Educators worry students don’t know vaping health risks
- Proper Syringe Pick Up and disposal
- Access mold information on the Washington State Department of Health indoor air quality phone line at 360.236.3090
- A closer look at the opiate epidemic in Mason County
- Home generated hypodermic needles and syringes may be disposed of in regular household garbage provided that they are contained in firm plastic container like a two (2) liter plastic pop bottle that is sealed with duct tape. Do not over fill. The container must be labeled “SHARPS, DO NOT RECYCLE”
Mason County Shellfish Advisories
- Before harvesting or consuming local, recreationally-harvested shellfish, always check the status of shellfish harvesting first. Learn more about shellfish safety and advisories.
Mason County Public Health and Human Services
415 N. 6th Street, Shelton, WA 98584 | 360-427-9670 ext. 400