To allow employees time to enjoy the holiday season, the Mason County Board of County Commissioners has authorized the following 2014 Holiday Schedule:
The Board of County Commissioners meeting on December 23, 2014 will be
at 9:00 AM rather than 6:00 PM.

All County Offices have been authorized to closed at 3:00 PM on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 and December 31, 2014 - The switchboard will also close at 3:00 PM on those dates with a revised message directing people to the court offices. Offices that are mandated by Washington State Law (Courts) will remain open until 4:30 PM on those days.

All County Offices will be open for business during regular hours on
Friday, December 26, 2014 and January 2, 2015.  
2014 Tax Foreclosure Sale date is January 9th, 2015  
Mason County Washington - Government Information
Mason Couty Home Mason County Employment Mason County Forms and Brochures Mason County Phone  Numbers and Addresses Mason County Campus Map
Mason County Code & Regulations Mason County Community Links Mason County Tourism Mason County Site Search Mason County Advisory Boards Ask questions
Public Health Home What is Public Health? Board of Health Contact Information
Health Information Office of the Director Environmental Health Community and Family Health
Public Health Home
On-Site Sewage Systems

Codes & Regulations

Environmental Health Fees

On-site Sewage System Permit Application Process

Maintaining your On-site Sewage System

Maintenance Requirements for Home Sales

Septic System Professionals

On-site Sewage & Water Review  (Loan Certification)

Property Evaluation for On-site Sewage System Suitability

Recreation Vehicle Holding Tanks

Requesting Your On-site Sewage System Records

On-Site Sewage System Educational Information


Holding Tanks for Recreational Use Vehicles

Holding tanks for Recreational Use Vehicles are permitted through a state and local waiver process.  The vehicle must be licensed and able to be moved. All liquid waste water, including grey water, must not be dumped on the ground or in surface water.

A Mason County Certified Installer must install the RV holding tank. The tank must be on the Washington State Department of Health Registered List of Sewage Tanks and be at least 1200 gallons. The tank must be installed with audio & visual alarms and risers.

Holding tanks are not allowed for park-model trailers. They require a complete on-site sewage system.

Click here for a printer-friendly packet of permit application forms and application procedures.

Environmental Health Home Public Health Home Mason County Home Search Our Site