Public Health Home What is Public Health? Board of Health Contact Information
Health Information Office of the Director Environmental Health Community and Family Health
Public Health Home
Hood Canal Watershed Planning (WRIA 16)
About Us
Documents Produced by the Watershed Team
More Information about Hood Canal & Its Watersheds


More Information about Hood Canal & Its Watersheds (by Topic)


Algal bloom, fish kill, oil spill or emergency environmental situation: Washington State Dept of Ecology Hotline Ph: (800) 645-7911 (800-OILS-911)

Community efforts: Hood Canal Coordinating Council Ph: (360) 394-0046

Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group (HCSEG): Ph: 360-275-3575

Washington Sea Grant Ph: (360) 432-3054

Dangerous wildlife: Washington Dept of Fish and Wildlife Hotline Ph: (877) 933-9847 (911 if an emergency)

Derelict fishing gear: Washington Dept of Fish and Wildlife Hotline Ph: (800) 477-6224 Press 3

Disposing of hazardous waste: Jefferson County Household Hazardous Waste Facility Ph: (360) 379-6911

Kitsap County Health District – Solid & Hazardous Waste Ph: (360) 337-5235

Mason County Household Hazardous Waste Facility – Ph: (360) 427-5271 from the Shelton area Ph: (360) 275-4467 ext 271 from Belfair

Disposing of unwanted pharmaceuticals: Take Back Your Meds

Habitat Restoration Projects Habitat Work Schedule for Washington’s Lead Entity for Salmon Recovery Program

Instream flows and Water Management Rules:

Invasive species (plants, aquatic and terrestrial animals, and insects): Washington Invasive Species Council Hotline Ph: (877) 946-3378 (877-9-INFEST)

Leak in utility water lines or get information on water conservation: Jefferson Public Utility District – Ph: (360) 385-5800, Kitsap Public Utility District – Ph: (360) 779-7656, Mason Public Utility District #1 or #3 – Ph: (360) 877-5249 or (360) 426-8255 or

Loans for septic system repairs: Craft3, non-profit CDFI Lending Ph: 360-565-2063

Low Impact Development: Jefferson County Department of Community Development Ph: (360) 379-4450

Kitsap County Department of Community Development Ph: (360) 337-5777

Mason County Department of Community Development Ph: (360) 482-5269

Managing animal waste, small farms, or native plantings: Jefferson County Conservation District Ph: (360) 385-4105

Kitsap Conservation District Ph: (360) 337-7171

Mason Conservation District Ph: (360) 427-9436

National Resource Conservation Service Ph: (360) 704-7740

Managing stormwater runoff: Jefferson County Stormwater Management Ph: (360) 379-4450

Kitsap County Stormwater Management Ph: (800) 825-4940

To report water pollution in Kitsap County Ph: (360) 337-5777

Mason County Stormwater Management Ph: (360) 427-9670 Ext 769

Marine mammal concerns: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Hotline Ph: (800) 853-1964

Noxious weeds, native plants or landscaping, Shore Stewards: WSU Jefferson County Extension Ph: (360) 379-5610

WSU Kitsap County Extension Ph: (360) 337-7157

WSU Mason County Extension Ph: (360) 427-9670 ext 680

Washington Sea Grant – Ph: (360) 432-3054, On-site septic system maintenance and other environmental issues: Jefferson County Environmental Health and Water Quality Ph: (360) 385-9444

Kitsap County Health District Ph: (360) 337-5235

Mason County Public Health Ph: (360) 427-9670 Ext 400 (Hoodsport, Union, Lilliwaup) Ph: (360) 275-4467 (Belfair)

Open space protection in Jefferson County: Conservation Futures Committee Ph: 360-379-4498 Click on “Conservation Futures”

Real-time Water Quality Data for Shellfish Growers:

Recycling or disposing of many items (batteries, electronics, paint, etc.): Washingtion Department of Ecology Ph: (800) 732-9253 (800-RECYCLE),

Shellfish and shellfish toxins: WA Dept of Health Office of Shellfish and Water Protection Ph: (360) 562-5632 (to report an illness from eating shellfish)

Water rights:

Environmental Health Home Public Health Home Mason County Home Search Our Site