- Anyone meeting minimum qualifications may apply for open positions. Applications are available only when eligibility lists are being established. Positions that are currently open are listed under current openings. When applying, carefully read the announcement and submit ALL requested forms and information by the closing date.
- Public Safety Testing - For entry level deputy and corrections officer posistions
- For all other civil service positions, contact Mason County Human Resources
- Applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be invited to the exam. The exam process varies with each classification. Successful applicants will be ranked on the eligibility list based on their exam score. Deputy Sheriff and Corrections Officer positions require a physical ability test.
Prior to appointment, an applicant must successfully complete a thorough sheriff's office background investigation. The background investigation may consist of, but is not limited to:
- Personal history statement
- Personal history check including an interview as well as criminal, credit, and reference checks
- Psychological examination
Certification of Eligibility Lists
- When a vacancy exists, the sheriff's office requests certification of the applicable eligibility list and is given the top three names on the list. Those candidates are interviewed, and the hiring authority selects one to hire. Appointment is contingent upon passing a medical examination.