Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
- Week of August 19th, 2019 - Briefing Meeting Agenda
- Week of August 19th, 2019 - Briefing Meeting Agenda Packet
- August 20th, 2019 - Regular Meeting
- August 20th, 2019 - Regular Meeting Packet
- Meeting Minutes
- View the Mason County Commission meetings
- 08/20/2019 - New - Request for Proposals - Services that Support Tourism in Mason County
- 08/02/2019 - New - Notice is hereby given that the August 19, 2019 regular meeting of the Planning Advisory Commission has been cancelled. The next meeting will be held on September 16, 2019. Please contact Mariah Frazier at (360)427-9670 x365 with any questions.
- 07/29/2019 - New - Deegan Road West Road Closure - Starts August 19th, 2019 - Mason County Public Works will begin the replacement of a culvert on Deegan Road West at MP 2.35 on Monday, August 19th, 2019. All traffic will be restricted from entering the work zone. This closure will help expedite the replacement, minimizing the inconvenience to the traveling public. Please become familiar with the alternate routes and allow for extra travel time to use them. We estimate that the road will reopen to traffic around September 30th, 2019.
- 07/18/2019 - News Release - Public Safety Sales Tax Proposition - In May 2019 the Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution 41-19 concerning a proposition to implement a Public Safety Sales Tax pursuant to RCW 82.14.450. If approved by the voters, this proposition would authorize Mason County to increase local sales and use tax in unincorporated areas of the county by 0.3%and .02% in the City of Shelton, then split the proceeds between Mason County (60%) and the City of Shelton (40%).
- 06/27/2019 - New - Public Safety Sales Tax Proposition Open Letter - Public Safety Sales Tax Proposition Frequently Asked Questions
- 05/21/2019 - New - Mason County Road Imaging Project - May 15th - July 1st, 2019
Mason County Public Works Department will be working with Infrastructure Management Services (IMS) out of Arizona to gather pavement surface information, as well as road imaging and clear zone information that will aid Mason County in securing future grant funding.
IMS will complete a detailed inventory and condition rating of all Paved and Gravel roads and select right of way assets owned by Mason County. The data is collected and loaded into an asset management program specifically designed to assist the County to develop long-term rehabilitation plans and budgets. The field surveys will be completed by collecting inventory and gravel performance data a specialized pick-up. This vehicle and technicians will measures gravel roughness, aggregate content, surface compaction, cross slope, dust and drainage. It will also be used to collect digital video and Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) information for cataloging location. The vehicle has multiple inside mounted HD cameras and GPS receivers. Operated by two field technicians, the vehicle travels at posted speed limits and will survey each roadway once.
Please contact Mason County Public Works if you have any questions about the project – (360) 427-9670, Ext. 450
- 01/22/2019 - New - The Board of County Commissioners have postponed the review of the Public Benefit Rating System for six (6) months (July 2019) to allow the Assessor's Office to reevaluate those parcels in the Open Space program.