Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
Pursuant to Proclamation by the Governor 20-28, in-person attendance to Commission meetings is temporarily prohibited.
Our Commission meetings are live streamed at http://masonwebtv.com/ and we will accept public comment via email – Mdrewry@co.mason.wa.us; or mail to Commissioners Office, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584; or call 360-427-9670 ext. 419. If you need to listen to the Commission meeting via your telephone, please provide your telephone number to the Commissioners’ office no later than 4 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
We intend to limit our meetings to discuss and/or take action on only necessary and routine matters or matters necessary to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak and current public health emergency
- No Briefings Scheduled
- No Regular Meetings Scheduled
- Meeting Minutes
- View the Mason County Commission meetings
- 04/01/2020 - News Release - Temporary changes coming to Shelton-Matlock Road
for fish barrier removal work - SHELTON – Progress on a fish barrier removal project requires upcoming around-the-clock
changes for travelers using the Shelton-Matlock Road near US 101.
As soon as Thursday, April 2, crews will keep travelers on Shelton-Matlock Road moving with a temporary two-lane bypass road around the work zone. Travelers can expect a reduced speed limit to 25 mph and occasional traffic stops of up to 15 minutes during work hours, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. The change is weather dependent and would need to be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.
- 03/26/2020 - New - Effective Saturday, March 27th, 2020, Mason County Solid Waste will not be accepting recyclables or will not be accepting solid waste / trash from residents outside of Mason County
- 03/19/2020 - New - Mason County Community Services (public Health) is not accepting water samples at this time due to Thurston Co. lab canceling courier services through April 3rd. Public water systems performing routine sampling can contact Thurston Co. lab directly at 360-867-2631 to coordinate delivery and analysis.
- 03/17/2020 - News Release - Modification of Mason County Services to Limit Citizen Exposure and Implement Social Distancing
- 03/17/2020 - New - To limit the spread of COVID-19 within our community we are asking the public to limit attendance at gatherings including Commission meetings. Our Commission meetings are live streamed at Masonwebtv.com and we will accept public comment via email - Mdrewry@co.mason.wa.us; or mail to Commissioners' Office, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584; or call 360-427-9670 ext.419. We intend to limit our meetings to discuss and/or take action on only essential County business.
- 03/17/2020 - New - In response to COVID-19 the Mason County Commissioners are canceling all County Advisory Board meetings effective immediately through April 30, 2020 at which time this request will be re-evaluated.
- 03/16/2020 - New - In response to COVID-19, as of March 16th, 2020, Mason County Assessor, Auditor and Treasurer's Offices are limited public access for business to be done by appointment only.
- 03/16/2020 - New - In response to COVID-19, as of March 16th, 2020, The Mason County Human Resources and Facilities & Grounds office is closed to both public and county employee access without an appointment.
- 03/11/2020 - New - News Release - Mason County Courts - COVID-19 Precautions
- 03/11/2020 - New - News Release - COVID-19 Information Release from the Mason County Health Officer, Daniel E. Stein, MD
- 03/02/2020 - New - Tax Judgment Sale By Electronic Media - Public notice is hereby given that pursuant to a tax judgment of the Superior Court of the County of Mason in the State of Washington, and an order of sale duly issued by the court, entered the 10th day of February 2020, in proceedings for foreclosure of tax liens, I shall on the Sth th day of March, 2020, commencing at 8 o'clock a.m. Pacific Time, at Bid4assets.com, sell the property to the highest and best bidder to satisfy the full amount of taxes, interest, and costs adjudged to be due.
- 02/13/2020 - News Release - The 2020 tax roll has been delivered to our print vendor and are scheduled to be mailed out during the week of February 17th 2020. - Taxes are due by April 30th, 2020. 2020 property tax information is available on the Treasurer's website. Taxpayer's will find that their 2020 tax statement has a new look. 2019 Legislative changes required additional information be provided on back of the tax statement. The county treasurer seized upon the opportunity to revamp the entire statement to more clearly show how your total taxes break down.
- 02/13/2020 - New RFP - Planned Action Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Belfair Urban Growth Area (UGA)
- 02/13/2020 - As off December 2, 2019 Submittal Appointments are required to submit for a building permit. For any questions, please call x352
- 02/11/2020 - New Proclamation - Proclamation to Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the League of Women Voters
- 12/10/2019 - News Release - 2020 Solid Waste Rate Increases - Per Mason County Resolution No. 61-13, disposal rates at all Mason County Transfer and Drop Box stations will increase by 2.8% beginning January 1, 2020.
- 12/10/2019 - News Release - 2020 United Ways Day of Caring — Free Dump Day - In partnership with Mason County Public Works and Republic Services, United Way of Mason County will be handing out vouchers for the first Mason County free dump day of 2020. Vouchers will be handed out to 300 Mason County residents, on a first-come first-serve basis to be redeemable on May 22, 2020 at the Mason County Landfill at 501 E Eells Hill Road, Shelton, WA. You can also view more information about the event on the free fump day flyer
- 12/10/2019 - News Release - 2020 Water and Sewer System Rate Increases for North Bay, Rustlewood and Beards Cove - Per Mason County resolutions#146-08, #05-09, and#06-09, all water and sewer rates and fees at the Mason County owned and operated Rustlewood, Beards Cove and North Bay Case Inlet water and sewer systems will increase by 2.4% for the 2020 calendar year. The increase corresponds to the April 2019 consumer price index (CPI-U) for the Bremerton Area for the one year period ending April 2019.